Dear AGO Colleagues and Friends,
As we come to the end of our program year, we can look back at quite a few successful events over the past months:
- Opening Picnic and Installation of Officers
- Co-sponsorship with Plymouth Congregational Church of Howard Helvey Concert
- “Pipescreams!” Halloween Concert at East Heights Methodist Church (for members and piano and organ students)
- “The German Organ” with Dr. Mary Ellen Sutton at Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Student Recital and Epiphany Dinner at Eastminster Presbyterian Church
- Bryan Mock in Recital at First United Methodist Church
- Scholarship Auditions at Eastminster Presbyterian Church
- Chapter Brunch & POE Update for members and donors at First Church of the Brethren
And still to come is our exciting Pipe Organ Encounter camp hosted by our chapter and headquartered at Wichita State University during the week of June 25-30. A committee, headed by Carole Pracht and Annette Lindal, has been working diligently to make the arrangements as registrations come in for the POE. We hope our members will consider participating in some way to make this a success for both the students and our community. Please spread the word! A flyer with daily concert information will be available for you to post in your churches or send to friends. It’s not too late to donate in support of the POE. Email Marlene Hallstrom for more details.
A nominating committee is working on the ballot for the 2023-24 chapter board, and a ballot will be sent to members by the first of June. Please take time to vote!
Wishing you all a happy May!
Marlene Hallstrom, CAGO
Dean, Wichita Chapter AGO