Dear AGO Colleagues,
We are off and running with our 2023 activities and preparation for a Pipe Organ Encounter during June 25-30. Upcoming programs are highlighted in the newsletter and on our website. Beginning in April, our thoughts will turn to POE preparations, and the help of every member will be requested. Here are a few ways our members can help:
- Donate organ music you no longer use which is in good condition and which may be useful to the young organists who attend the POE. The students will have a chance to browse through our AGO music library during the week of camp and choose music that will be useful to them. Please contact Carolyn Chambers to arrange donations (316-832-1851 or CarolynChambers@cox.net)
- Offer your assistance in providing and/or serving refreshments for students or at recital receptions throughout the week.
- If you are able, consider helping with transportation throughout the week.
- Offer to assist as a chaperone during practice times for the students.
- Plan to attend the concerts during the week and invite your friends!
- Encourage a young person (age 13-18) who is interested in the organ to attend POE.
- Make a donation to help with POE expenses and invite your friends to contribute, too! Information about how to donate is included in this newsletter.
Our Pipe Organ Encounter Steering Committee has been at work to make all of the arrangements for this exciting week! They include Carole Pracht and Annette Lindal, co-chairs; Carolyn Chambers, secretary; Bryan Mock, treasurer; Chris Shaw, faculty; Steven Gustafson, facilities; Tyler Breneman, website and publicity; Lynne Davis, WSU liaison; and Marlene Hallstrom, fund raising. Please thank these members when you see them.
Marlene Hallstrom, CAGO
Dean, Wichita Chapter AGO