The Wichita Chapter of American Guild of Organists has much to offer young people involved and enthusiastic about piano, pipe or digital organs, and church music!
These are events coming soon through the Wichita AGO. Think of the young musicians you know who have potential or interest and help spread the word and good news!
- Saturday, March 7, 2020 Hutchinson Organ Scholarship Auditions Emanuel Lutheran Church, 140 E. 30th Ave Hutchinson. Young interested pianists or organists audition for organ study scholarships or attendance at a Pipe Organ Encounter (POE).
- Sunday, March 8, 2020 Wichita Organ Scholarship Auditions Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 1958 N. Webb Rd. Young interested pianists or organists audition for organ study scholarships or attendance at a Pipe Organ Encounter (POE).
Entry attached. Contact: Carole Pracht 316-655-5245 or email@example.com for further information.
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:00 am “Masterclass with Damin Spritzer” First Presbyterian Church 525 N. Broadway, Wichita, KS.
- Sunday, April 19, 2020 3:00 pm Angulo Memorial Organ Concert presenting Damin Spritzer, organ First Presbyterian Church 525 N. Broadway, Wichita, KS
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:30 pm Michael Terry Caraher, AGO RCYO North Central Regional winner. East Heights UMC 4407 E. Douglas
- Pipe Organ Encounter for ages 13-18 at Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS. www.KSUpoe.weebly.com A POE is a life-changing, amazing opportunity for a young pianist interested in organ or a young organist already in study.
- This POE is a 4-5 day event sponsored by the American Guild of Organists and the local Manhattan AGO. It introduces participants to the world of the pipe organ.
- It is a national program sponsored by the American Guild of Organists. Students may attend regardless of state of country of residence as long as they meet these eligibility guidelines:
Students should be aged 13-18, interested in the pipe organ or have piano or organ proficiency ranging from early intermediate to advanced.
- POE provides an opportunity for students to have individual & group instruction in the rudiments of pipe organ technique & service playing from highly experienced university organ faculty.
- POE provides an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- Most of all, POE provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
- Need-based scholarships are also available from National AGO Headquarters.
- Other 2020 POE locations are: Long Beach, CA, Winston-Salem, NC, Trinity College, Hartford, CT, Ann Arbor, MI.
- There are also a number of POE’s for Adults!
Previous POE attendees love their experiences and frequently keep in contact with POE Friends throughout the USA.
Spread the enthusiasm and tell everyone you know!!!
Wichita Chapter of American Guild of Organists